Finding Your Perfect Customer
This 91-page workbook with exercises will help you craft the perfect customer persona and put it to work. The step-by-step exercises will walk you through the process of collecting and organizing all the information you need to build marketing content and messaging that resonates with your prospects and customers. The bundle also comes with stand-alone, interactive templates to build either a long or short version of your persona and a 2-page customer buying journey template.
Stop throwing your marketing money and energy down the drain on zombie marketing activities. Take a big step forward in building an efficient, successful marketing system by creating your very own customer persona. Before you invest more money and time on marketing activities, make sure that you are talking to the right customer for your business.
With a customer persona, you have all the information you need at your fingertips to build amazing messaging, content that resonates with your prospects and customers. AND you have identified the best way to connect to them.
The Marketing Mevyn’s Guide to Finding Your Perfect Customer walks through 6 short and easy-to-understand buckets of information that show you how to build a rock-solid customer persona. You get a short back story on why each bucket is important, based on my decades of creating, testing and improving customer personas in real-world business combat zones where only the fittest survive. No pie-in-the-sky academic theory with lots of marketing jargon—just practical how-to advice distilled from my own experience and best practices learned from industry leaders.
Here’s what I cover:
Bucket #1. Identify your customer’s top driving forces:
- Critical wants, desires and motivators for buying
- Your most important benefits and value to your customer
- Handling customer objections and competitors
Bucket #2. Identify who you really want as a customer (not all customers are created equal)
- Your 10 ten list of favorite customers you would like to clone
- Physical characteristics (demographics)
- Emotional and psychological characteristics (psychographics)
Bucket #3. Buying behavior—How your customer makes a buying decision
- Behaviors based on attitudes towards spending money
- Behaviors based on motivation
Bucket #4. Understanding and mapping your customer’s buying journey. If you only complete one section, make sure this is the one!
Bucket #5. Determining your customer’s monetary value. Here’s a short exercise to help you figure out your customer’s lifetime value (LTV) and cost of acquisition (CAC—how much money did you have to spend to get this customer?)
Bucket #6. Your customer’s communication preferences. Learn how to get in synch with how your customer talks, so you can speak using the words and phrases that they resonate with. Identify their favorite ways to communicate.
Plus, a BONUS BUCKET on generational communication preferences. Can you speak “Gen Z” yet?
What’s included in this bundle:
- 91-page illustrated, interactive workbook with examples
- FREE templates to complete your customer persona. Templates come in two versions: business-to-consumer (B2C) customer persona template or the business-to-business (B2B) customer persona template. Download includes the detailed example for each version.
- 2-page customer buying journey template. This template contains the example from the guidebook, as well as an interactive section you can fill out and save as a digital document or print and fill in by hand.